We all need a little pick me up every now and again. These self love journal prompts are designed to remind you why you’re awesome, why you’re worthy and to help you love yourself a little bit more. Use them as a tool to guide your thoughts in a positive direction.
38 Self love journal prompts:
1. What does self-love mean to you? How can you show it to yourself?
2. What are your morals and values? Why are you proud of them?
3. What is your favorite thing about you? Why?
4. What have you done in the past week that you are proud of? List everything, no matter how small.
5. List three simple ways you can show love to yourself today? Then go do them.
6. What aspects of your life are you happiest with?
7. What negative thoughts and beliefs do you hold about yourself? How can you rephrase them?
8. List three things that you love about yourself. Think about why you love this about you.
9. What does your dream life look like? What is the first step you can take towards it?
10. What are your favorite memories that make you feel loved? Indulge in the little details.
11. What brings you joy? Don’t forget the small stuff!
12. How can I appreciate the ‘now’ without worrying about the past or future?
13. What do you need to say yes to more often?
14. What do you need to start saying no to and what new possibilities would that open?
15. What makes you feel loved and cared for? How can you incorporate that into your daily life?
16. Who is your favourite person in the world? How do they make you feel?
17. What does a perfect day in your life look like? Can you do some of it today or this week?
18. How would your life change if you stopped the negative self-talk?
19. What are some self-acceptance activities you could incorporate in your everyday life?
20. Is there something you keep ruminating about? How can you move past it?
21. What are your biggest achievements in life? Think all the way back to your childhood and take inventory.
22. What are five things you are good at.
23. How can you give life your all without becoming attached to your expectations for a certain outcome?
24. When do you feel happiest? Where are you? Who with?
25. What makes you feel most loved?
26. What flaw or mistake can you forgive yourself for today?
27. What is one thing you could do to take better care of yourself?
28. What is it that you need the most right now? How can you meet this need?
29. What do you keep doing that ultimately makes you feel unhappy? How can you stop doing this?
30. What is the nicest thing you can do for yourself today?
31. What is your self-love language?
32. What is the nicest compliment you have ever received?
33. How did you change for the better in the past 3 – 5 years?
34. What is one scary thing you’ve done or a fear you have overcome?
35. How do you care for others?
36. Write a list of people who love you and you are grateful for having in your life.
37. Write down your favourite self-love quotes. Why do they resonate with you?
38. How much peace and joy are you willing to allow into your life? What does that look like for you?
How to use these self love journal prompts?
There is no wrong or right way of using these journal prompts for self love. You could use them one by one as your daily journal prompts in your self love journal or you could go through a bunch of them as an intensive writing exercise for self-love.
I encourage you to be compassionate and kind to yourself. There is no wrong or right answer, you don’t have to write it perfectly or even worry about grammar.
Come back to this list of journal starters as often as you need to and go through as many of the prompts as you wish. It’s about listening to yourself and doing what feels right for you.
Consider printing out these journaling prompts.
Fold them and put them into a jar so you can pick one at random
whenever you feel like writing into your journal.
Why is self love important?
Self love is important for your mental health, your self esteem and your overall happiness. It helps you accept yourself for the work in progress that you are and it means loving yourself despite your flaws and imperfections.
Self love is the key in managing any negative self talk and using that time and energy for what makes you and your loved ones happy.
As cliche as it might sound, loving yourself first is crucial in reaching your potential.
Why is journaling an integral part of practicing self-love?
Journaling allows you to organize your thoughts and feelings, make sense of them and to take control of them.
It is one of the the best ways to get to know yourself on a deeper level and deal with any underlying feelings you might not be consciously aware of. It gives you a chance to wrap your mind around the things that are bothering you and to celebrate the things worth celebrating.
By getting to know yourself better you’ll be able to
show yourself more compassion and love yourself a little bit more.